This salad will change your life. And taste buds. This post is all about one of the best refreshing summer salads that will leave you wanting more.
I have never really been an at-home salad kind of girl. Give me all of the Zupas and Costa Vida salads all day long, but ask me to make a salad at home, and I get the stress sweats. That is, until I found some summer salad recipes with chicken that changed my life. Well, just one. This one. We make it all the time now! It is delicious and so easy to make! I found it floating around Pinterest several years ago, but it has since disappeared, so I’ve had to recreate it from memory. It may not be exactly like the original, but this one is pretty dang tasty! Even Oliver likes it, so that’s a win! This post is about one of the best refreshing summer salads.
REFRESHING SUMMER SALAD RECIPE
- 2 Heads of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 diced pear
- 1 diced fuki or honey crisp apple
- Shredded Rotisserie chicken or 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cups of sugar
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 2 tsp. chopped green onion
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds
- Blend dressing ingredients and set aside
- Shred lettuce in a big bowl and top it with remaining ingredients
- Add dressing and toss right before serving
See? Super easy but super delicious. Also, who doesn’t love pears in a salad? I know I do. Now. I’m curious about what your favorite summer salad recipes are? I know that finding summer salad recipes with chicken and fruit has been my jam lately. I’ll share more!
This post was all about refreshing summer salad recipes.
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE: